Clinical Associate Professor, Women's Studies
Wilson-Short Hall 10J
- A.B.D., Rhetoric and Composition, Miami University of Ohio.
- M.A, English, Northern Arizona University.
Research & Teaching Interests
- Asian American women.
- Global feminism.
- Feminist film theory.
- Third-world women in film.
- Asian American Women. Co-edited with Linda Vo. University of Nebraska Press, 2003.
- "Claiming a Politics of Biracial Asian American Difference." In White-parks, ed., A Gathering of Voices on the Asian American Experience (Highsmith, 1994).
- "MOBs on the Net: Critiquing the Gaze of the Cyber-Bride Industry," Race, Gender and Class, 7.1 (2000).
- "Whose Crying Game? One Woman of Color's Reflections on the Representation of Men of Color in Contemporary Film." Explorations in Ethnic Studies 17 (1994).
- "Theorizing about Ideology, Culture, and Gender Conflict in the Classroom: Can an Asian-American Woman 'talk back'?" Works and Days 8 (1990).
- Co-editor (with Linda Vo) of "Asian American Women," special issue of Frontiers: A Journal of Women Studies, 21 (2000).